Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Jack's Battery Relo

As promised, here's the work done by my bro Jack and some nice pixs. Text courtesy of the man himself..

Here goes for my battery relo a few days ago. What you will need is:

1) Junction Box of any variety or make. Even a good empty plastic box will do!
2) Insulator
3) A mount

Simply, mount the mounting for the insulator on where your battery used to be, screw on the insulator to insulate the Positive terminal from the car body. Proceed to bolt the junction box and other fuses to the insulator and viola you're done. The junction box will provide you protection from the elements as well as any accidentle contact with anything. I choose this junction box as it has the "+" sign on in. As you can see later, it also provided me with space to house my fuses for the upgraded lights wiring. A simple jobbie that should take an hour or two.

Battery was moved to the rear.. its still boggling me as to why I choose the driver side and not the passanger side. Will correct that later.

I personally felt that this is a simple any yet a superb mod. Battery was moved to the rear, cooler and thus lasts longer. Weight was also transferred to the rear and with the removal of my humoungus 14" Spare tyre which I cant use and dunno why I kept it for the past 5 years .... another mystery of the deep. Maybe its just me, but I was kinda breaking later going into turn for the earlier part of the trackday and car seems to have better turn-in and performed better. Either that or I'm getting more confident. Anyway, here are the pics

All power points with fuses for the lights

It even comes with a Jumper Rod for any emergency? Cool

Here's the fat ass

No comments: