Sunday, March 21, 2010

2000km +

So it has been about 2000+ km and SP has been fully run-in and TUNED! With this new rebuild, power figures has went up and currently its making 191whp and 20kg of torque. This is quite an impressive power figure I must say, especially running just on Shell VPower and rather basic tuning on the dyno, we didnt even mess about with the cam timing for now. This was done without the water/methanol injection switched on, and I have a couple of things that I want to do before we activate it and redyno. I hope with all this in place and more time on the dyno, SP can churn closer to 200 whp or God willing surpass it. Remember its still very streetable, a lot more streetable then before! Some more pictures courtesy of a friend who visited us not too long ago.


Engine looks really nice from this shot!
Close up of the Jenvey's and Bosch 410cc injector

Jenvey throttle bodies, fuel rail and bits of the CF airbox

Last but not least, the newly fitted seat, from a different angle

9 comments:

Firdaus Asri said...

Mugil,

That's very impressive figure considering you haven't fully tune the engine and without water meth injection! Hmmm should the Bosch injectors giving you problem, you may want to consider Genesis injectors, from what I've been reading, it offers faster response and atomizes upon impact with intake valves.

+ akatsuki + said...

omg! 191whp! thats crazy man! monsta on the road =D all the money well spent bro!

Chew Soon said...

i am 200% sure that your car will surpass 200 horse at the wheels bro with all the goodies you have in there!

Jack said...

Wooo!! The cat is finally out of the bag. Remind me to fix my idicators so that I may move aside when you approach.

Bro, yes the car damn sleeper and silent/quiet compared to before. If you dont listen properly you may miss them Jun cams!!

I still have some methanol left so you can pick-up from me when you dyno again.

Again Congrats

Mugil said...

firdaus,

these are supposed to be the new gen injectors, with very fine atomization and a very wide spray pattern. So far they are great, but if I do come across any issue will surely look up the genesis.

akatsuki,

thanks. I see you are in the process of making on too....good luck and i am sure the 304/292 will sound wicked!

CCS,

Thanks bro, i am still keeping my fingers crossed :)

Jack,

yes the car is a lot quieter, well, not sure how its gonna sound after my trip to Melaka...heheheh

thanks for the offer, will need to pick up the methanol when time allows. currently very busy and so much to do!

Anonymous said...

hey, cn i know what is the part num for the jenvey ITB's because i plan to get one 4 my putra... thx

patrickgun said...

bro, can you tell me the price for the jenvey ITB's ? very interested in getting one of those!

Jack said...

Try http://www.jenvey.co.uk/

They make the manifold and you can specify the ITB and trumpets size. Each SOLD separately of course :)

Here's the manifold part no:
Proton 4G92 / Mitsubishi Colt 1400, 1600 & 1800 - MPN01

Expect to pay around 1,500 to 2,000 quid for a full kit with fuel rail, injectors and cable kit.

Mugil said...

anonoymous and patrickgun,

i believe jack has provided the details. Well if any of you are really serious, i am headed to the UK in may and may be able to hand carry it back.

It should cost slight less then 1500 quid and nearer to 2000 if you want the airbox as well.

if u are interested shoot me an email at mugil@troxmal.com.my

jack,

tq man!