Thursday, July 08, 2010

Harnessing SP

As SP is my dedicated track day machine, I have decided to invest in proper race harness. On one of my visit to the UK, I dropped by Demon Tweeks and bought 2 4 point FIA spec Sabelt harness. These are the 3 in wide shoulder and waist straps and with a n aircraft quick release buckle. They are also able to accommodate a crotch strap enabling them to be a 5 or 6 point harness. Being the weight conscious person that I am (on SP that is, I personally have been gaining the pounds), I decided to purchase the ultralight version (Demon Tweeks part no: 904570E) , which has the shoulder belt adjustment buckle in aluminium rather than steel. Unfortunately Demon Tweeks only carried one of these in stock and I had to settle for the lightweight version (Demon Tweeks part no : 904183E) for the passenger side.
These are fully FIA approved and are certified for use up to 2014. Unfortunately neither I nor SP will be participating in any FIA sanctioned event for now. Who knows what the future might hold! These harness comes with the eyebolts which bolts on directly to the existing seatbelt points in the car. For the rear as I have removed the rear seats, they bolt on directly to the rear seatbelt mounting points. They also make one version with roll bar attachment, which I didn’t opt for.
Some pictures of the harnesses and also the install picture just for the driver side currently.
Harness assembled on the floor

Close up of the quick release buckle

The mounting end of the harness with eyebolts shown

Standard rear seatbelt mounting points on the rear bulkhead. PnP

Another view. This are the original rear seat belt mounting point. You can see the bolts on the right which are for the rear left side seatbelt mounting points.

Aluminium shoulder strap adjusters and also the 3in shoulder pads

Fully installed

6 comments:

Jack said...

I spy a cage!!

Mugil said...

u got keen eyes la bro!

Chew Soon said...

why do i have a funny feeling that i might see this car in sepang one day? :P

eujin said...

Nice! And 3" wide too!

Unknown said...

emerging countries you had in comparison the official USD price www.sunshineprofits.com

Unknown said...

Latest Updates about Forex, Latest Forex Tips, Currency Exchange Rates, Forex Market Rates updates, Learn Forex Tips Online www.sunshineprofits.com