Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Killing 2 Birds with 1 Stone

The power window switch on the SP's passenger side decided to go into semi retirement after 6+ years of faithful service. The switch could still bring down the side window but couldn't bring it back up. Bummer! While replacing the switch I decided to remove the inner door cover and replace all the mild steel bolts with lightweight aluminium potassium bichromate coated items. Also did the driver door side. There are 8 M6 X 12mm bolts per door on the inner side and 16 bolts total for 2 doors. Picture below of the new lightweight bolts. Using the larger than standard 18mm diameter washers.

Picture below of the new bolts on the passenger side door

Picture of the faulty switch. Switch cost me RM48. Bolts cost me.. errrm....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ur really great in these things dude... i surely love ur car damd much... have u weighed it lately? XD

btw.. i guess im still able to follow ur footsteps and learn frm u and the 4g93 powerplant... my insurance company refused to "write-off" my crashed car and is forcing me to fix it.... so i have no choice.

Anonymous said...

I thought you'd just ditch the power windows altogether...

llsaw said...

Uruhara-sv,

Haha.. Welcome back to the Proton club. Better make sure the shop that repairs your car does a good job. Doesn't look like a simple repair plus the chassis could really be out of whack..

llsaw said...

The SP is still a road car regardless and I do like my creature comforts..

Anonymous said...

haha yeaps... hope they do a good job... the chassis IS really outa wack... just wanna see what the end result is... hope its good.