Friday, May 26, 2006

TMM Archives - Ralliart Group N Long Hub Bolts/Lugs

If you're planning to run thick wheel spacers (>10mm) to clear your 4/6/8 pot race calipers then the stock hub bolts/lugs will not have sufficient thread left for the lug nut to securely fasten the wheel when the wheel is mounted. The stock hub bolts/lugs are only 45mm in length. My Japanese supplier was able to supply me slightly longer 55mm length bolts but I decided to go for the pukka Ralliart WRC Long Hub Bolts (Part Number: RX031877A1) as these are 66mm in length and made of much stronger tensile grade steel than the stock bolts/lugs. You will need to increase the strength of the material to make up as you're already loosing stiffness and strength going to a longer bolt. Believe I have seen lugs break when too much muscle power is made to loosen an overtighten lug nut. Not a nice sight and a real pain to fix. The bolts are also zinc plate to prevent corrosion and ultimately rust. Picture below of the bolts pressed mounted to my front hub/axle assemble.

Picture below of the entire assy with my CNC machined 12mm wheel spacer mounted. As you can see lots of thread and length of hub bolt/lug left for the wheel and lug nut.

These long lugs just perfectly reach near the end of the thread of my Racing Gear lugnuts with the wheel mounted.

Price of the Ralliart long hub bolts unfortunately is not so friendly. It cost a whopping near RM500 for 8 bolts/lugs. No shit!

6 comments:

Vernon said...

Those Wilwoods always make me cream! Grrr

llsaw said...

Want a set? heh heh..

Anonymous said...

Dear Andrew,

Sean my cousin refered me to your blog site.
I am looking for wheel nuts like the bule ones you have. It has an opened top.
Were could I buy something similar to that?

llsaw said...

Daneel,

You can order via email from Racing Gear UK. More details here
http://www.comp.co.uk/racinggear/racinggear1.htm

4 lug to 4 lug billet said...

Your discussion led me a conclusion to the things I wanted to clear. Thanks guys!

Unknown said...

i have rx0318877a1 in stock

mattias@refused.net