Sunday, February 26, 2006

R3 Floor Matts

Decided to replace my old and avail in any colour so long as it's grey USPD floor matts with R3 items last Friday. These matts have been with me since day 1 and I never did liked them or the greyness they gave to the already unispiring Proton interior so it's quite surprising they lasted with me so long.

A drive to the Proton Edar Juru Parts Centre and RM200 poorer later, I'm home with the new matts. The quality of these matts are excellent. One would say even too good for just a Proton ;). The material used is cutpile carpet which is what they also use in hotels. The matts are black but feature red stiching for that oh so racy I have a Type R look. Oh and the R3 matts are way lighter than my old ones too. IMHO and excellent though not cheap mod to increase the feel and ambience of the interior.

Picture of front driver side floor matt compared with the stock USPD matt

Passenger side comparison

Rear comparison

Bottom side of the R3 matt features a lof of sharp pins to ensure excellent grip. Dangerous to have the matt moving around when you're whacking corners.

Picture of SP's cockpit/cabin driver side with the R3 matt fitted. Looks much more classy and racy. Type Rrrrrrrrrr.

Front passenger side

3 comments:

llsaw said...

Nope. You'll have to get a whole set. My old matts look new because I put rubber matts on top of them. The rubber matts help a lot during wet situations ;-)

mivek4doddle said...

the "lighter" part is really funny lar andrew..haha

llsaw said...

Bro,

The R3 matts are really very much lighter compared to the stock matts. No kidding!