Wednesday, April 05, 2006

TMM Archives - Carbon Radiator "Slam" Panel

A good way to prevent the airflow from spilling out of the gap between the radiator and the car's front subframe would be to fit a radiator slam panel. The slam panel blocks out the gap thus ensuring the airflow is only through the radiator improving cooling efficiency. Picture below of the radiator slam panel for the SP. Fits any Satria/Wira/Putra/GTI. If you're one of those that think raising the back of your bonnet with spacers looks cool then the slam panel will not clear the bonnet as my bro Senior found out much to his dismay. I choose not to cut a hole for the radiator although that can be done. Removing the radiator also removes a couple hundred grammes of useless weight.

Closeup of the bottom surface. Yes, it's 101% carbon. No CSM aka fibreglass.

Installed on the SP. Button head bolt on the slam panel is Titanium. The 4 bolts holding the top radiator brackets is PB 7075 aluminium.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello there mr andrew,im sorry if i put a wrong comment here,anyway,
if im not wrong,ur the one who sold the 4-2-1 header to me..err,
the thing work very well,really satisfied,if there any parts u want to let go,please do let me know..
seriously ur cam damn nice,i really envy ur car,compore to my putra..ayoo my car left far behind
well,i hope one day we can meet each other,i really adore ur car
thanks :)

Anonymous said...

mr alucard,if im not wrong,i ve seen ur nick in terato also
hehe

llsaw said...

Hi Nuno,

Good to have you here. How's my old header doing?

llsaw said...

Jacko,

The Koyo's a no-go. Gonna have to push that to mid-year due to the issues I've been having lately.

And pls turn on your phone will ya!

Anonymous said...

ur header doing fine :)

Vernon said...

The problem with the slam panel is that it renders the stock bonnet lifter useless. I now have no way to keep the bonnet up.

Any solutions?

llsaw said...

Machine a nice rod from aluminium alloy to hold up your bonnet ;)

Anonymous said...

hello andrew, i just came across ur blog..really enjoy reading it.. btw may i ask where can i get the 'slam' panel as mentioned? thanks i am from kl..u can ym me at jkmf84@yahoo

Anonymous said...

Andrew,
I know u have long sold ur SP, but by any chance that you can hook me up with a similar piece of that slam panel? Do inform me the total costs incurred to do one at aaron_38my@yahoo.com .Been trying to fabricate a few from fibre but..damn...its just a disgusting sight. I wish for a professional help.